Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas is coming...

It's almost Christmas time...one of my favorite times of the year. I spent a wonderful day yesterday with my parents, decorating trees outside with lights and putting ornaments on the Christmas tree. :)

I feel soo relaxed these days, but the problem is I am trying to figure out what to do next. I had a wonderful experience taking TESOl with 14 other people (age 22-65), it stretched me far outside my comfort zone and I made some new friends with similar passions to mine. I found practicum to be the toughest part of the whole program. As I am thankful it is over now, it pushed me to do something I am not confident about, and also made me realize once again that I am often capable of much more than I think I am. I taught 2 groups of international students, mostly from Korea, China and Saudi Arabia. And I was reminded of how loud a group of Asian girls can be in the bathroom all together. Teaching them can be just as interesting, and I was often surrounded after class as they all gathered around me saying "thank-youuuu teacher!!!" in long, drawn out, high-pitched voices.

I woke up a few days ago and cranked my neck badly. I thought it would go away, but still today, I am not able to move my head around too much as everything is incredibly stiff and painful. I hope this is not going to end up being a trip to the chiropractor's office. But I must push that aside, as I am jobless and really need to start earning some much needed cash. So, off handing out resume's I go (cranked neck and all)...it's funny how school can be such a comfort zone for me...it's a place I belong and something I am committed to for a certain amount of time. Now that its over, I need to brace myself and, once again, enter the "real world" and try to pay the bills.

I am looking forward to Christmas holidays, with my favorite recipie of half-hour pudding, best dessert ever! And snuggling by the fire place sounds pretty inviting right now. So does an advil.

Merry Christmas all!! To everyone here and my friends overseas, I hope you can feel loved this season and bring love to those around you.

No comments: