Thursday, October 15, 2009

So. I got home last night and through a turn of events, I now feel like there is hope in this world...that there ARE good people out there. Someone left three bags of groceries on my doorstep yesterday...for myself and dear Jennie. No note. No letter. Nothing. Just an amazing amount of everything we dream of...(hense, my last blog post)...I couldn't believe it and Jennie couldn't believe it when she got home. So. To whoever this mystery person is...THANK-YOU. If you read this. haha. What an incredible blessing to us. We woke up this morning and both got excited to pack a real live lunch and supper for the day! And my, did my chicken and red pepper sandwich ever taste yummy! :)

Experiencing the gift of generosity from someone else is something that is quite inspiring to me. I want to be able to do stuff like that...to help people around me who might not have what I have. I was reminded last night of when a nice older lady with her friends paid for my burger once after seeing me count out quarters and pennies (literally)...it really meant a lot more to me than she probably knew. Even if its something small, it really is the thought that counts.

So, I have been reminded that even though I may not have much, it is always more than someone else around me has. If I can be generous with what I have, and the next person can be generous with what they have, we can all help each other in our own little ways :) It's like the movie "Pay it Forward"...which seriously every time I watch it, it makes me cry.

Thank-you, mystery person, for sparking this in me and for making my day soo bright.

No comments: